Just Sway to the Rhythm of Love
(Source: thefrogsnail, via waitimtotallyobsessed)
(Source: delinquentdean, via allorain)
We finish eachother's s-
-pace. the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission- to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
I think ‘Sterek’ is a bizarre, weird, twisted thing. And I think that anyone who pays more attention to Sterek than the show isn’t watching the show for the right reasons.
I am not in the Teen Wolf fandom and I do not ship Sterek but I did find this quote very offensive and wanted to address some of the excuses I’ve seen people throwing around to try to excuse this statement:
- Tyler is a nice guy who is just tired of being asked questions about Sterek. If this is the case, then he should have said NO COMMENT. Instead, what he did was answer a question that wasn’t directly asked to him. If he’s so tired of these questions, then he needs to let his co-workers answer them. Co-workers, which based on that interview, handle these questions a lot better.
- Tyler was correct when he said that Sterek fans aren’t watching the show for the right reason. There is no right way to watch a show. TV is for entertainment. We do this freely. No one has the right to tell us what to enjoy and how to feel. There is actually a fandom TV trope called “True Fan”. Research that logical fallacy to better understand how wrong this was.
- Tyler is a PoC actor who tired is of being outstaged by two white dudes. So Sterek taking the spotlight would be fine if the ship was being portrayed by two black guys? Also, Posey may represent a minority, but so does Sterek. And, in fact, right now, it’s homosexuals who are still fighting for their basic human rights all over the world. This is really mixing oranges and apples. There’s no reason why Posey can’t have representation and Sterek too. As for who is more popular, that is subjective and that’s not something we can dictate on any show. Outside of slash shipping, main characters getting upstaged by supporting characters isn’t new. It happens.
- There was nothing wrong with what he said. He wasn’t calling gay people twisted. That is up for interpretation. Let me give you this example. There is an actress Jamie Brewer (well known for her roles on American Horror Story) who has down syndrome. Let’s imagine that she was on Teen Wolf and part of a popular femslash pairing between her and another supporting actress. Imagine Tyler was asked about this and he said, “That femslash ship is just disgusting and retarded.” Would you have thought that this comment was only about the femslash ship? Or might you think that his word choice, especially the word “retarded,” had more to do with the actress herself than the ship? Likewise, the terms “weird” and “twisted” are often used to put down homosexuality in our society. Hearing them being applied to Sterek feels like they have more to do with the fact that the ship is same sex than it does with the ship upstaging Posey in popularity. This is what people are reacting to. The use of offensive, derogatory words that are often used to hurt the queer community.
- People are crossing a line by bashing Tyler Posey and making themselves look really bad. It’s funny because I just went through the Tyler Posey and Sterek tags and saw more hate aimed at shippers for hating on Tyler than actual hate on Tyler. The worst I’ve seen is people who are offended, and being offended doesn’t make you a hater. Go through the sterek tag right now. Scroll down for 5 minutes and you’ll see several hate posts about sterek shippers. So let me get this straight, fandom unites to protect Posey but fandom unites to bash Sterek shippers and you somehow think that’s okay? You’re either against bashing of any kind or you’re a hypocrite. And I’m seeing a lot of hypocrisy. If people have real hate against Tyler I’d like to see it. My inbox and submission box are open. Let’s see how much is there because mostly I’m seeing this as an excuse to bash sterek shippers.
I also want to stress a few things:
- You can be a fan of Tyler Posey while still holding him accountable for the problematic things he says
- Being critical of offensive statements, no matter who says them, isn’t the same as hating
- If you are going to defend the right of Tyler Posey to say whatever he wants, then I hope you’re ready to defend the right of the people he offends to also say whatever they want
- Just because this statement didn’t offend you, doesn’t mean it’s not offensive to others
- Just because this statement sounded like a joke to you, doesn’t mean it was actually a joke
- Blaming Sterek shippers for being rude to Tyler Posey doesn’t excuse this behavior; it just makes those who are rude wrong and Tyler also wrong.
- Just because some Sterek shippers may be rude, doesn’t mean they are all rude.
- Just because Tyler has been supportive of Sterek in the past, doesn’t mean he can’t say something offensive later on
- Just because Tyler says something offensive doesn’t make him a bad guy, just human
- Fans are allowed to be upset; it doesn’t make them any less of a fan
- We should strive to educate people, not criticize them for the sake of criticism
beautiful shiny life-ruiners (2/?) → idina kim menzel
Get out of bed, make a hot drink and go outside. You owe yourself that much. Maybe you still cry in far too many public bathrooms, but I swear, you stay a few seconds less every time. Smile at strangers if it’s all you can do, know that life doesn’t start when the sun rises or the credits roll but when you decide it’s time to go after what you deserve, and you deserve everything because we are alive both only once and a million times every day and every minute is something new to learn and someone new to love, and if it all crashes and burns as it so often does cling on to hope through it all and don’t ever ever ever let it go. Start your life again whenever you need to. Repeat after me: it is not yet the end. It is not yet the end. It is not yet the end.
a greater reality: (via greater-reality)
(Source: finnualabutler, via welrdkids)
(Source: this--too--shall--pass, via welrdkids)
First thing I would like to say is that I love you dearly and thank you for taking the time to read this. Now anways... Here is a bit about my blog, the message I hope to convey etc...This is a place where I want everyone to fell happy. I want them to laugh, relax, smile, feel bubbly inside, love and be loved. I want everyone to know we only have this life. It is short and hard but we have to make the most of it. For when things are bad or are looking down remember you have the power to control how you feel and how you handle situations. You can make something better only if you want to make it better. Don't sweat about the small stuff and don't worry about the things that really don't matter in the long run. Get the chip off your shoulders and don't judge others. Listen and Be Heard. Just live your life and live it well. Live it like it is your last day and when you look back make sure you don't have any regrets. Also know that we are all human. We all make mistakes and sometimes we will faulter and let our emotions get the best of us. Our emotions, however, prove we are alive. Prove we are not robots. Prove that we have a soul and we exsist. For life is a spree of random moments that mold into special memories. Treasure all of these life snippets because they, as well as your actions and attitude, define you. Also treasure the mountians and challenges you face because they are what help you learn and grow. Life offers all of these experiences so go out and take it by storm! Mold the world. Embrace it. For right now we are alive. Look out into the distance and see the opprotuninty life gives you. Remember your past, Live in the Present and Look towards the Future. Better yourself and help others. Realise that life shouldn't be taken too seriously and that we only have this limited time. Go out and make a change! We all have the power to make a difference. You just have to be up for the challenge. Also remember to follow your dreams... No... chase them. Dreams can come true if your ambition and drive is great eough. Also whenever you can... scream at the top of your lungs, dance like you have gone crazy, Control your destiny, Cuddle an animal (Stuffed or Real), Play a sport, Drink coffee or tea, be artistic, capture a precious moment, star gaze, take a photo, draw or paint a picture, help anyone, believe in yourself, go outside, make a wish on a star, cloud watch, hug, kiss, sing as loud as you can, laugh until your stomach hurts and to the point where you cant breathe, make new discoveries, invent something, climb a mountian, chase your dreams, reach for the stars, Take chances, Test limits, fly high on a swing, run wild in a field, stop and smell the flowers, write a story or poem, listen well, be heard and say what you need to say, Cry, Grow, Guide others, Be a leader, Get confident, Twinkle and be Luminous like the stars, Glow and Beam like the moon, Radiate and Shine like the sun, Be warm, Get creative, Read a good book, watch a movie, Be true to yourself, listen to music or create it, go on an adventure, be bright, be brave, be intelligent, be loyal, be honest, be ambitious, be a dreamer, be a good person, have a good attiude, support others, challenge yourself, teach and learn, Smile huge, Be open minded, Be kind, Go to Hogwarts and Narnia :D, Eat something yummy, Try new things, Get wise, go outside and get fresh air, take a hike, go on a bike ride or a walk, hug and kiss multiple times,cook or bake something, have a camp fire, be brilliant, love what you do, be who you are and love yourself, feed your imagination and let it run wild, Realize you are beautiful, Embrace surprise and changes, Act in any show, go to the beach, See the beauty in everyone and many things, Fly if you can in general, travel the world, do great things, make a difference, change the world, be positive, treasure the little things as well as the big, say I love you to your loved ones, get inspired, and just feel infinite in each moment and in everything you do. I hope my blog can serve as a form of inspiration and optimism for anyone who wants or needs it. If any of you feel scared or alone know that you have a friend in me. You can confide in me if needed and I will help you to the best of my abilities whether you need advise, a person to talk to, a listener, someone to symathize, a safe haven or sancturary or just a shoulder to cry on. Know I will alway be honest and that I value all of you and your trust. For I am here for all who need or want a friend. And if you are reading this, follower or not, know that you are beautiful inside and out. Also know that you are loved.
P.S. Don't ever forget that you only get one life. Now go out and live it.